- Extensive usage of 3D graphs so that the performance of the entire Server Farm can be viewed in a single graph.
- Agentless monitoring of the Server Farm with a low CPU, I/O and network overhead on the monitored servers. We do NOT issue millions of I/Os to the TempDB database, fill the procedure cache with ad hoc SQL or send millions of characters of SQL text across the network impacting the performance of the monitored servers.
- The SYSADMIN privilege or role is NOT needed for agentless monitoring of the Server Farm.
- Cannot pinpoint what is causing poor database server throughput? Where the server bottlenecks are? What is causing long SQL response time? Current monitoring solution is missing events?
- Agentless monitoring of server bottlenecks and 600+ wait conditions.
- Stealth wait state monitoring of 600+ wait conditions.
- Automatic drill down to the SQL activity, wait conditions and performance counters.
- Cannot pinpoint the SQL causing poor performance? Cannot obtain the bind parameters the SQL was run with? Cannot obtain the SQL text for prepared SQL statements? Cannot pinpoint the SQL running longer than 100 milli seconds?
- Zero Impact SQL Capture Agent (FREE) captures 100% of the SQL activity.
- No intrusive SQL profiling or tracing is used.
- Ad hoc comparison of server performance.
- Daily baseline analysis of server farm performance.
- ROI Database Performance Monitoring Methodology only available from Sql Power Tools.
- Replay captured production SQL to reproduce a performance issue or analyze the performance of 100% of the SQL activity.
- 100% web enabled user interface. Free product training.
How We Differ | Try it Free!
Why we're different
Sql Power Tools was built from a different point of view. Most if not all monitoring tools show a high level summary of server performance from 1,000 feet. We can show what is happening on the server at street level with a low overhead on the monitored servers.
The most important database server metric to measure is end-user response time! In two mouse clicks you can see the wait types causing SQL to not complete on a timely basis and have a poor end-user response time.