Sql Power Tools Agentless Bottleneck Monitor
performs agentless monitoring
of wait types, SQL wait times, I/O wait times, blocking, deadlocks,
disk bottlenecks, TempDb bottlenecks, SQL performance, SQL plan mining, Top N SQL, performance counters, disk mirroring, availability groups, procedure
cache, buffer cache, database space, disk drive space, low free disk space, high disk space growth, index fragmentation, SQL Agent jobs, performance baselines and VMware. With one-click graphing of SQL plans.
In ONE mouse click drill into 120+ performance monitoring areas!
Fifteen SQL Server licenses: $15,000 or $1,000 per license.
Fifty SQL Server licenses: $25,000 or $500 per license.
Cannot pinpoint what is causing poor database server throughput? Where the server bottlenecks are? What is causing long SQL response time? Our agentless wait state monitoring can!
- Agentless server bottleneck monitoring (wait state monitoring). The wait types (600+ that a database server posts) causing SQL statements and stored
procedures to not complete on a timely basis due to resource contention or being queued due to a lack of available resources are monitored.
Wait condition wait times are tracked by SQL statement, stored procedure, wait type, application, database and the end-user client.
Reducing SQL wait time -> reduces end-user response time -> improves server throughput. In most cases this can eliminate an expensive and unnecessary hardware upgrade.
- Automatic drill down into the wait types, wait times and performance counters for any poor performing SQL.
Pinpoints the resource contention on the server that is causing the SQL statement to not complete on a timely basis!
Just double click on any SQL statement displayed in the web browser interface. View historical SQL wait type history by year, month, week, day, hour and drill down to a one second view of SQL statement wait times.
- Stealth wait state monitoring when the Zero Impact Agent SQL Agent is enabled. With stealth wait state monitoring wait times are only investigated when a SQL statement on the server runs longer than N seconds. E.g. 100 milli seconds.
This provides the lowest monitoring overhead for any wait state monitoring product in the industry!
- Agentless SQL statement I/O monitoring with automated plan mining. Low agentless monitoring overhead.
Pinpoints SQL statements having high I/O, high CPU usage, long run times and poor plans! These cause poor end-user response time and high database server overhead.
View in real-time or over any prior time period the SQL statements having plans that contain table scans, columns with no statistics, missing indexes, sorts, lookups, plan compilation timeouts and more.
NO intrusive profiler sessions or traces are used that potentially degrade server performance by 30% and impact server I/O throughput.
- Database data and log file I/O stall/wait time monitoring monitors the I/O wait time for all database devices/files.
- End-user experience monitoring monitors the response time end-users actually receive for 100% of SQL activity when the Zero Impact SQL Capture Agent is enabled.
- Database and disk drive space usage monitoring monitors the space usage and availability in 3D graphs. View the entire Server Farm database or disk drive space usage in one 3D graph.
- Procedure cache and buffer cache monitoring monitors memory usage in 3D graphs. View the entire Server Farm procedure cache or buffer cache usage in one 3D graph.
- TempDB monitoring. Pinpoints all SQL statements, wait types, applications, end-users and stored procedures experiencing a wait condition/wait time on the TempDB database and files.
Average I/O stall times on all TempDb data and log files are monitored as well as the number of I/O operations and throughput on all TempDB data and log files.
- Ad hoc comparison of end-user response time, SQL performance, wait times, I/O bottlenecks, performance counters and job run times between servers and time periods.
- View server performance in real-time or over any prior time period in 3D graphs.
- Preconfigured alert thresholds are available. Baseline analysis will also automatically calculate alert thresholds.
- Low low agentless monitoring overhead on monitored servers.
- 100% web enabled. No client workstation installs. Nothing is placed on monitored servers. Free product setup and training.
- Product provides an immediate ROI.
A daily baseline analysis of the day's performance is compared in 3D graphs to prior time periods for all SQL requests. Increases or decreases in end-user response time by SQL request and wait type are identified.
Baseline analysis identifies wait types, I/O bottleneck wait times by database device, SQL response time, performance counters and SQL jobs that have degraded or are improved.
Most importantly SQL statements, stored procedures, wait types, applications, databases and the end-user clients that have increasing wait times (i.e. increasing end-user response time) are immediately identified.
Proactively address performance issues before end-user response time is impacted.
Sql Power Tools agentless monitor
has a low, low, low
CPU, I/O and network overhead on monitored servers. Less than 1% overhead on monitored servers.
If your current monitoring solution cannot keep up
or misses events
- we can help.
We do NOT:
- Create tables in the TempDB database or issue millions of I/O operations to TempDB on monitored database servers.
- Issue millions of ad hoc SQL requests to the monitored servers that bloat the procedure cache and cause expensive SQL compilations to occur 24x7.
- Increase the database server wait conditions and wait time (due to resource contention) thereby impacting production users response time.
- Send millions of characters of SQL monitoring text across the network.
- Turn on SQL Profiler or SQL Trace that can reduce server throughput by 30% or more!
- SYSADMIN role is NOT used for agentless monitoring of the server farm.
These monitoring solution architectures:
- Reduce the monitored server's I/O throughput along with increasing CPU and memory pressure.
- Can result in an annual cost of operation that far exceeds the license fee for the monitoring solution.
ZERO IMPACT SQL CAPTURE AGENT:
Our Zero Impact Sql Capture Agent (a SQL trace facility) for INFORMIX, MICROSOFT SQL SERVER, ORACLE and SYBASE uses non-intrusive ZERO impact network sniffing to capture all or any subset of the SQL activity.
100% of the SQL activity can be captured 24x7 with the complete SQL text and bind parameters plus most importantly the end-user experience end-user response time (and more).
Cannot pinpoint the SQL causing poor performance?
Cannot pinpoint the SQL running longer than 100 milli seconds?
Do not know the bind parameters the SQL was run with?
Cannot measure the impact of database server changes? Our ZERO impact agent can with 100% accuracy!
Optionally install our Zero Impact Sql Capture Agent at any time. It has a low 1% overhead. Think of it as a ZERO impact SQL profiler or trace facility.
No intrusive server profiles or traces are used that degrade server performance by 30% to 60%.
Ineffective server sampling that misses most of the poor performing SQL is not used.
Agent does not connect to the monitored server nor impact the network.
- Can always reconstruct with complete accuracy the exact SQL with its bind parameters that were running when server performance is poor or when end-users complain about poor response time.
- Since bind parameters are captured poor performing SQL statements in stored procedures can be accurately investigated (SQL Server MSDB does not capture stored procedure parameters). Also the SQL text for prepared
SQL statements is reported by the agent every time the statement is executed. SQL traces do not provide this.
- Top N Sql Analysis of 100% of the agent based SQL capture. The SQL performance is tracked for the 6,000 unique SQL requests that typically run on a server 100+ million times a day.
SQL statements flushed out of cache are not missed.
- Zero Impact SQL Capture Agent usage is optional. Can be installed at any time and dynamically enabled or disabled on servers of interest.
- 100% accurate comparison of SQL performance between servers or time periods. Can be done on an ad hoc or scheduled basis.
Both improved and degraded SQL end-user response time is reported for the 6,000 unique SQL requests that typically run on a server 100+ million times a day.
Enable the agent on priority servers where end-user response time is important, on servers experiencing performance issues that cannot be pinpointed with agentless monitoring,
or when a server change is about to be made (refer to below ROI Methodology).
Optimize the Database Workload Methodology:
Since 100% of the SQL activity with the end-user response time can be captured the impact of change can be accurately measured! Just run the Zero Impact SQL Capture Agent before and after an important change is made.
E.g. before and after a hardware upgrade, change in the server configuration, table index changes, SQL code changes, regression test of a new application release in QA,
deployment of a new application release to production, or upgrade to a new release of the database server software.
Now SQL statements having an improved or degraded end-user response time are accurately known. Performance issues can be immediately resolved prior to end-users experiencing poor performance.
Award Winning - Best Monitor
Sql Power Tools awarded a Best SQL Tool, Redmond Magazine, 2010.
Zero Impact Migration Service for SQL Server 2008 and 2012 is available!
You have a mission critical production server serving thousands of users that processes 500 to 5,000 SQL requests/sec.
The upgrade must occur with no impact on end-user response time.
A plan must be in place that allows measurement of the performance of the upgraded database server release prior to placing it into production.
Our Zero Impact Migration Service does this! Refer to Products.
Monitors the 600+ possible wait types that a database server posts when SQL statements do not move forward due to
resource contention or being queued due to a lack of available resources.
Wait times are tracked by SQL statement, stored procedure, wait type, application, database and the end-user client.
View wait times in real-time or over any prior time period by year, quarter, month, week, day, hour, minute or second.
Reduce SQL wait time -> reduces end-user response time -> improves server throughput -> unnecessary hardware upgrades do not occur!